Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

At least I'm not cramping

An odd thing happened last night.

I came home from losing a nail-biter softball game and sat down in my favorite chair to watch a little TV before I went to bed. Nothing I normally watch was on and my DVR was empty so I ended up watching a new show called 'Smith.' I didn't get to see the whole show so I really had no idea what was going on but that's not important anyhow. What struck me as odd was that during the final scene of the show, the main character (who is a professional thief) came home early in the morning and went to wake up his son. He sat there in a chair by his son's bed and stared at him for a while. He then brushed the kid's hair back with his hand in that loving, paternal, TV kind of way and what happened.... a little tear came to my eye. What the..? I started conjuring up these images in my head of me and my son and (this might sound creepy) watching him sleep. It was a new experience for me. They say a man's hormones change when his wife is pregnant. This could explain both why I was getting choked up during a TV show I didn't even watch and why I can't hit a softball to save my life. I'm pretty sure I'm going through MAN-o-pause. I'm pretty sure this goes away with time because I know lots of guys with kids that can hit a softball.

Praise God.

Comments:
HAHAHAHAHA,

I can relate. I still look at my children while they sleep unless I am so exhausted from dealing with them that I can barely get them to bed let alone watch them sleep. I had those moments where I would contemplated the future with my children, what would be their interests, their personalities, and their dreams. I stil do think about it in fact.
 
Honey, can I just say that is the cutest thing I have ever heard! I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one going through hormone issues. Thank you so much for sharing that. It just made my day!
I love you!
 
You are just the greatest. I mean you help teens all day straightening out life and soon you will get to go home to Braden and love him and watch him sleep. Isn't that just the greatest. Life is a beautiful thing and babies are precious. Can't wait to babysit!
 
Man, you are HI-larious! Between the MAN-o-pause and (this might sound creepy) and you know lots of guys with kids that can hit a softball, you have some solid comedy there. Thanks for your blog. I can relate very well to most of the things you talk about. I'm sorry I never really made the time to get to know you and Angela better before now. Hopefully that is changing.
 
MAN-o-pause. Classic, simply classic. Almost as classic as that time when we were living on Monroe street and that bear came up to the house. He said he was our neighbor and asked for some sugar. I sure hadn't seen him around before, but felt sorry for him since he didn't have any sugar. I was about to let him in and you stopped me saying, "DUDE, what are you doing?! It's a friggin' BEAR!!! It will EAT US!!!" I was sad at the time, 'cause I really wanted to help that bear. But now I have matured enough to realize that you were right - he probably did just want to eat us. Thanks for lookin' out for me, bro. That was classic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?