Friday, September 08, 2006

 

Fooseball

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!

Last night was the opening game of this season of NFL football and consequently fantasy football. I am managing 5 fantasy teams this year along with a handfull of other fantasy related teams. I'll probably keep some kind of record as to how those teams do on this blog.

It is interesting to me that now that my wife and I are expecting, most of my thoughts turn toward "what if's" of the future and pondering about what my son will and won't like/dislike etc. I was contemplating earlier whether or not he will like football, if so, what team(s) and so on. It's an odd new way of thinking about things. It also makes me think of how my father's interests influenced my own as I grew up. Dad likes Golf, so do I. Dad is a Cowboy's fan, this is my team of choice (stop laughing and/or groaning). It makes me wonder what my child will pick up from me... and what he'll reject (that's the scarier part, i think).

On a completely seperate note: I have issued a chalange to fellow blogger and friend Todd. I chalanged him to a weight loss competition. Over the next six weeks we will be documenting our progress on our respective blogs. We should be reporting each Monday and Thursday but to make an official report this week I will post today.

Starting weight: 230 (from the start of Todd's blog not this one)
Weight this morning: 227 lbs
Total loss (not including my latte today): 3 lbs

Hope your day is blessed!

Praise God.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?