Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

I'm no Forrest Gump

Well, it's Thursday. That means it's time for another weigh-in. But first I want to discuss this exercise phenomenon. I have been reading up on running... on Andy's blog (see link in the left column for more information) and I thought I'd give it a go. So last night I ran. I ran from my driveway to a given destination of unknown distance from my house. The good news is, I did it! And I didn't die. The bad news is, I thought I was going to die. I don't know what causes this but I was running and I got a sharp pain in my ribs area. Inspired by Andy's story of perseverance (it's a good story, you can read about it at andyschmickle.blogspot.com) I pressed through the pain until I reached my destination. Once there, I stopped and tried to regain my breath (which I figured out later, I had left at home). Once I gained my composure, I began walking back home. I walked a ways and then decided that I should man up and try to run back home. So I ran. Apparently I'm overweight and out of shape. I ran about 1/4 of the way back and had to stop for fear that I may have to amputate my torso to alleviate my discomfort. So I walked the rest of the way home. So that's the story. Anyways, on to business.

Starting weight: 230 lbs
Current weight; 220 lbs
Total loss: 10 lbs

It seems that I've entered some kind of holding pattern.

Praise God.

Comments:
The scramping in the abdomen is due to improper breathing an/or lack of water. At least that is what the track coach used to say. Put your hands above your head and breath in through the nose, out through the mouth when you get the sharp pain.
 
So your last blog you said that you were not cramping, but know you say you are? Is the whole pregnancy thing getting to you to? j/k. I have respect for anyone that runs since I find it very unenjoyalbe (is that even a word?). Even though I am behind I think this has been great for both of us so far. Keep it up bro.
 
You should just get a giant Adam-sized hamster wheel. That will solve all of your problems. And I mean ALL of them. Door-to-door salesmen bothering you night and day? Invite them in and let them try out your gigantic hamster wheel. When they ask to get off, tell them no. That'll teach 'em.
 
You are more like Forrest than you think in this. He did just stop running and say, "I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home.", and went home.
 
LOOKING FOR UPDATE 9/22/2006
 
LOOKING FOR UPDATE 9/22/2006
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?