Sunday, September 17, 2006

 

Like rabbits

I go away for a weekend and I come back and find two more bloggers to add to my blog links. This is exciting.

I just had a great weekend with my wife and some good friends of ours. We went to an AMAZING lake house (7 bedrooms, 9baths, great view). It was wonderful. In a previous post I referenced that it was going to be a difficult weekend to maintain my healthy eating. It was. I did very well until Saturday night (resisting an amazing breakfast and having a sensible lunch). It does make me feel better that Todd had his "free day" on Saturday, so I may not have fallen too much. Saturday night I consumed a few more nachos than I should have and I could have resisted the adult beverages. Today I ate a decent breakfast and we ate Chinese for lunch (but I didn't eat it all) so I don't feel too bad about that. After reading Andy's blog (for more information see "blog links" in the left column) I feel that I am wholly inadequate to even consider considering calling myself a healthy person. So Andy, thanks for smashing that small glimmer of self-confidence that I had in myself. Just kidding.

Tommorow I will be sharing an incredible story about a different side of this getaway weekend, look for that.

I hope you all are having a wonderful day, night, or morning (whenever you're reading this).

Praise God.

Comments:
EAT, EAT, EAT all your chinese pleaze. Glad you had a good get away. It is always nice to go away for a while and releax and not have to think about anything. To be honest I am a little worried about the weigh in tomorrow. But I guess I will just have to work harder this week.
 
thanks for the comment on my blog about getting my humor. sometimes, after i write something, i worry i may end up just getting that "wow, he's weird" response. of course what can i expect from a guy who compares blogging to crack? so don't worry about me being too healthy. my diet is way out of whack. in fact my diet IS whack. between you and todd, i'm sure your combined cholesterol is lower than mine. so celebrate with those nachos. i need to learn from your ability to show restraint. this thought always prevails with me: why not finish the whole family size bag of M&M's right now, because then you can avoid being tempted to eat them later. and as a final note, i've got your $5. so don't think i'm avoiding you (just refer to my next blog post).
 
Well Adam,

You won, Shaun here. I finally checked out your blog. I think it was compared to that fascination to stop and see a wreck that brought me here.

One question, is tomorrow's blog about the misadventures of boating over the weekend? The weekend was a blast and am looking forward to next year
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?