Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Weight a minute

I never in my wildest dreams thought that the following words would ever seep through my lips (assume I'm talking while I type this): I enjoy running. I don't get it. There is no fun in running, no game to play, I'm not good at it, I really don't understand what is going on. But nevertheless, I have found myself enjoying my nearly-daily runs. I ran 2.5 miles Friday night. I ran 3.2 miles Saturday night, and I got up at 6 am this morning and ran farther than 3.2 miles (I haven't had an opportunity to measure that one yet). I did not walk to work this morning, but I feel that the running made up for it. Oh, yeah, I should clarify that my walk to work is 4.6 miles, not the 6-7 I thought it was. Oh well. Anyways, this phenomenon of running is odd and I actually feel good about it when I'm done. Another note, thanks to Shaun (and almost Andy) for the advice on water and breathing, I have had far less trouble on my last two runs.

I had a pretty good food weekend, despite the fact that Angela made home-made pizza (which is probably my favorite food ever). I weighed in this morning (after my run) and the following resulted:

Starting weight: 230 lbs
Current weight: 218 lbs
Total loss: 12 lbs

This is the first time I have been under 220 in probably 2 years, maybe 3.

I hope every one had a lovely weekend. I've missed reading blogs for the last three days. I'm telling you, it's like CRACK! So please, please, please, write in your blogs if you have one, post comments if you don't, and have a nice day!

Comments:
Under 220! Congrats! That's some major weight loss in a short time. I'm glad to hear you're hooked on running. This is the best time of year to run because of the cooler temperatures. We'll have to run together sometime. Between you, me, and Tully perhaps we can start a once a week running club. Then, maybe, like the blogging it will grow.
 
I am glad to hear that you enjoy running so much! Someone in our family is going to need to set a good exercising example for our son, maybe that will be you! I am so proud of you!
 
WAY TO GO SON
 
looks like we have a lot of catching up to do to have our meal paid. i believe we have it in us. right todd?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
If you ever slip into hating running again, I have the perfect solution for you. Once you leave your house, imagine that the smoke monster thing from LOST is chasing you and will eat you if it catches up to you. I'd say act like a rhinocerous is chasing you, but that'd mean zig-zagging all the way down the street (and we all know how silly that would look). Or, I guess you could always try the gigantic hamster-wheel idea.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?