Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

How do you say?

Well it seems that some people (ok... a person) has a problem with my method by which to get someone's attention on my blog. Apparently when I type in all caps, that indicates that I am yelling at someone in a harsh and/or angry manner. So I have come up with a way that might be better suited to gain one's attention without giving the impression that I am in any way irriatated at that person. A concept I learned about in my perception class as an undergratuate was that if something looks different from the things around it, you tend to notice it more. So in the future, I will draw attention to a particular message by decreasing the size of the lettering. For example: hey Todd, you're hot!! So pay attention to that.

Hold on, I'm getting a call....................

Apparently the Southwest Missouri chapter of the National Association for People with Visual Deficits (NAPVD) is not pleased with this new policy. Irene Seymore just called (apperently she is telekenetic) and stated that is a violation of NAPVD guidelines to decrease the size of a font to such a tiny size. So I'm stuck in quite the quandry. Ok, how about this. I will begin all special notifications with the following *^* and end it with *^*. For example: *^*It's not salmon, it's pink*^*. Ok?

Hold on, it's the phone again.........................

Well crap. That was the PR rep for the National Board of Censors, Printed Word Division. Apparently Mr. Mark Tout feels that using such symbols in print might be confused as explitives and using symbols in such a manner is copyrighted by the Cartoon and Animated Drawings Guild. Hmmmmm.....

Well this is embarassing. I really don't know where to go with this. Well for lack of a better (and PC) method by which to notify people that I need their attention.... HEY CARLYE, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH MY BIG LETTERS!!! No harsh tone or anger intended!

Praise God.


Comments:
i'm rolling in my chair. difficult but true. nice blog
 
I am sure I should be offended by something in that blog since I support all of those organizations, but since you said I was hot in little bitty letters, all is forgiven. Plus when I write I use all caps anyways, so I feel your need to do that also. Peace out dog.
 
My bass is salmon, by the way; it's not pink.
 
I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the snake chasing the American Dream. You have a way with humor and by the way when my wife read your blog in the other room tonight I could here her laughing uproariously. That's right...uproariously.
 
I was NOT laughing uproarisouly....I just couldn't believe my eyes.......

Thank you so much for the uplifting blog....It truly made my day.....:Þ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?