Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Once a week, even if you don't need it

Yesterday began the "shower season." Angela had her church shower and brought home some cool stuff for Braden. I got to stay at home and paint the guest room and the vanity in the bathroom. Once the vanity is done, I'll be able to install the sink and mirror. I hope to do that tonight. The guest room needs some touchups and then we (this again means I) can put that room back together. The best part of shower season is I don't have to go. I stay home and unload the car and look at stuff. This is great! Oh yeah, the Dutch Boy paint is ok. I still like the American Tradition paint. However, due to the fact that we got the Dutch Boy on clearance, it may be the better paint per-dollar-spent. Todd and I are one week out from our contest end date. Here's the current standing.

Starting weight: 230 lbs
Current weight: 215 lbs
Total loss: 15 lbs

I think my metabolism is up or something because I didn't do to well on my eating this weekend. I ran a couple times but less than I would have liked.

My goal by next week is not to gain 5 lbs. You see, the one big problem with shower season is that it directly coincides with Angela bringing home cake season. This is bad. I shall do my best to resist the sweet temptation of that moist delicious goodness. [smack in the face]

Myself: "Hey fatty, whatcha thinking about."
Me: "Uhhhhh, cake."
Myself: "If I catch you eating that cake, I'm gonna kick your butt!"
Me: "How 'bout just a little piece."
Myself: "I guess that's ok.....If you want a little piece of my foot up your backside!"
Me: "Fine, I won't eat the cake."
Myself: "Good, that's real good" (low evil voice, like he's up to something, not an encouraging one)

Anyways, I think I'll do ok....at least until next Monday.

Praise God.

Comments:
EAT THE CAKE IT'S SCRUMPTIOUS!
The shower was a lot of fun. Braden has a lot of friends waiting for him to join this little world! Bless him!

Nice job on your self control!! Bravo. It's a good thing you have these conversations in your head...or outloud.
 
After your bet with Todd is over, I'd be happy to have a weight-loss competitor to contend with, if you're interested :) I weigh less than I have in a long time, but want to go down another 20 or 25 pounds. Anyway, let me know if you want an excercise/weight-loss accountability partner (I'll help you stay away from those dirty, dirty cakes and cookies!)
 
Dutch Boy paint may not be good stuff, but Dutch Boyd is awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?