Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Remodel: the story of me and my bathroom

Neither Todd or I got up our Thursday updates. So I don't feel too bad getting this out late.

Starting weight: 230 lbs
Current weight: 216 lbs
Total Loss: 14 lbs

To be accurate, I had gotten down to 215 but I was back at 216 when I did my 'official' weigh it Thursday morning.

Renovation update:
I have painted all of the walls in the guest bath and installed a new light fixture (in that order).
One of the more interesting parts of this process was that I painted the walls by the light of a lantern and Maglight (big flashlight). It was kind of a mystery.... where had I painted, where had I not? I still have a lot to do. My goal is to have the vanity painted and the counter installed by the end of the weekend. If I do really well I could also get all the hardware installed and actually hook up the sink. If I do really, really well then I'll be able to get the tile surround done and the frame for the mirror built.

Quick free ad:
I used American Tradition paint from Lowes to paint the bathroom. I have always been a big fan of Kilz paint (from Wal-Mart) but I think I like American Tradition better. I think it's a couple bucks per gallon more expensive. However, it covered very well and did not run. I'm using Dutch Boy paint (Wal-Mart again) for the guest room (Hey Todd, we got it on clearance). I'll let you know how that goes.

Quick free anti-ad:
While I'm talking about paint. I really hate Sherwin Williams paint. It's way too runny and expensive.

Praise God.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?