Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Something deep inside

We are 17 days from Braden's due date. I'm setting the official cut-off for the Braden baby pool at 8:00 am CST, Friday the 10th of November, 2006. There haven't been any recent submissions to add to the pool but I've been told by a few people that they are going to submit a guess that haven't. So there's your warning people.

I have discovered (vicariously) that I have misranked the organs of the body. I have a top 10 list of organs I would prefer not to lose if given a choice (this list was first constructed in 1972 and has been updated periodically). Up until recently I have ranked them in the following order:
1. Skin
2. Brain
3. Heart
4. Man parts
5. Stomach
6. Lungs
7. Liver
8. Pancreas
9. Colon
10. Bladder

However, after recent conversations with my wife and an inspired message from Weird Al, the new ranking is as follows (with some explaination for the changes):
1. Bladder (because it is used far more often than any of the others. Source: Angela)
2. Pancreas (because it connects to the duodenum, and that's fun to say. Source: Weird Al)
3. Skin (because it's gross to walk around with no skin)
4. Man parts (I don't care what happens this one isn't falling below #4)
5. Brain (I have observed that many people exist with only half of one)
6. Heart (actually a muscle but it still makes the list, it's that important)
7. Lungs (take a deep breath, now thank your lungs)
8. Stomach (without this, the following two wouldn't have much to do)
9. Liver (Mmmmm, mmmmm, gotta love liver!)
10. Colon (no one likes to think about it, but what would you be without one?)

Praise God.

Comments:
Should I have a list?
 
You may use mine if you wish. Otherwise, yes, everyone should have a list of some kind.
 
My pancreas attracts your pancreas with a force proportional to the product of their masses; and inversely proportional to the distance between them.
 
Okay, now rank your 5 senses - from which one you would want to lose (if you had to) to the one you most want to keep (and no, your strangely accurate internal sense of time doesn't count...although it is quite impressive).
 
That's easy, penny, nickel, dime, quarter, Sacajaweha dollar. Oh you said senses not centses. Sorry!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?