Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

So far, so good




Braden is 12 days old. He sleeps much of the time (except between midnight and 3 am, during this time he screams). I worry about pretty much everything he does... as well as everything he doesn't do. I have read a lot of material during the pregnancy and over the last few days. However, I still have so many questions that go unaswered. I feel pretty confident that I'll do ok as a father, it's all of the stuff that I can't control that worry me. I'm not too excited about going back to work, I'd much rather stay home and watch my son grow, but we have to keep paying the bills.

In just 12 days I have already seen changes in him. He is more alert every day. He makes a lot better eye contact now. He'll lay and stare at your face for 15 min sometimes. He can lift up his head and look around when he's on his belly (although only briefly before he plants his face into whatever he's laying on). He makes more faces than he used to and can smile (though people say it's just gas). The sleep sacrifice has been well worth the entertainment value of living with a newborn.

We took him to get his picture taken last Friday.

ANTI-Ad: JCPenney portrait studio...not the best.

Anyway, it was fun to take him out to the mall and walk around. He did well. It seems that Graco puts some kind of tranquilizer in the fabric of their car seats because Braden falls asleep pretty much as soon as you put him into it. I've included a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Praise God.

Comments:
He looked really cute today at church - he's got some great fashion sense :)
 
You should expand on why a person shouldn't take their portraits at JC Penney. Thanks for the pictorial update..and I'm glad to hear that Graco uses tranquilizers...that's the kind we're getting...I think. Anyway, keep having fun watching Braden do new things.
 
JCPenney's is not the best place to take a portrait. I haven't been back to them since my son was 4 months old and he is now 8. I was very unhappy with how they handled it and they were terrible pictures. Our son didn't even look like he was part of the family, he was at the bottom of the picture and we were at the top.

I have been to Sears many, many times and am always happy with the results. If you do go there ask for Suzie when making an appointment, she's the best!!! Walmart is pretty good for just taking either monthly or bi-monthly portraits but I would still pick Sears first.
 
OR you can just take your own pics and save tons of $$$ and get the pics you want in different sizes. Be creative, use your own stuff...or just let me know and I will come over and snap some shots for you. Digital cameras are awesome!
see you tonight...we are providing dinner!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?