Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Without a dope beat to step to


Yeah, I know, it's been a while since there was any action on my blog. My longest blogging break to date. However, I feel that my reason is justified... I have a newborn. Braden has been doing very well. He wakes up every three hours at night to eat and only screams til 3 am a couple times a week. We're still working on trying to get him to do his screaming a bit earlier in the day. Overall, it has not been as bad as I thought it would be. I thought that once I went back to work I would be like the walking dead. Angela has done a good job dealing with him on nights I have to work. It helps that I've only been working 3 days a week. This will probably be the last week for that. I will then either go back full time or take one day off a week. It's difficult to be away all day but we're dealing with it. Braden has a new friend in the world. Michaela Elizabeth Barr was born Dec. 27th to our good friends Michael and Amanda. Soon little Jack will join the ranks of the "infant invasion." A variety of other babies will be born this summer. In an attempt to expand the utility of this blog, I am opening up the opportunity for other new fathers to submit e-mails to me and I will copy them on to my blog. You can e-mail me at harshman1@hotmail.com.

Braden's first Christmas went well. We went to Competition, MO to Angela's Grandmother's farm. Braden got passed around and everyone got to love him. Of course, he had no idea what was going on. Next year will be an exciting Christmas for him.

My dad, step-mother, and step-sisters came to visit us at home Christmas weekend. My mother and Grandmother came up the weekend before to visit also. We tried (and succeeded) to limit the amount of holiday driving we had to do. We still have a few folks to see but overall it was very nice to have some people come to us instead of spending the whole weekend driving (we have a powerful motivator now).

Last night Braden hit the party scene for New Years Eve. He joined our Bible school class party here at La Casa de Harshman.

Otherwise our days consist of holding the baby, feeding the baby, watching the baby sleep, and praying for the baby to sleep.

I hope everyone had a wonderful end to 2006 and may you have a prosperous and happy new year!

Hope you enjoy the picture!

Praise God.

Comments:
Great party!!! Thanks for hosting it was a banging time. Quite possibly the cooooolest gift exchange in the history of man kind!?!?
 
ditto
 
Great party!!! Thanks for hosting it was a banging time. Quite possibly the cooooolest gift exchange in the history of man kind!?!?!?

Braden looks absolutly adorable in his new year head band thingy. Thanks for letting me hold him at the party. He is one precious little baby boy with lots and lots of people who love him.

thanks again for hosting the party.
 
Hey Adam/Angela/Braden,

It is great to see you all doing well. Adam don't you just lov fatherhood. I have never felt more of a man since the twins arrived. Zane and Zoey will be 1 on Thursday, I still can't believe how fast life flies, then to think that in August my next one will arrive is a little daunting. The twins continue to amaze me with how they view the world with such innocent bliss. All I see are crazy, cynical people (of course, most of that is seen in my own mirror though). Take care and enjoy every second because before you know it they are asking for the keys to the mini van and then wrecking said mini van.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?